Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I am a Murderer!!


It's been a year ago this month that I retired from my job.... of 39 1/2 years. It's amazing.. it doesn't feel like a year has passed. When I retired .. I said to myself ..now you have all the time to do the things that you couldn't do when you were working. I lol and say yeah right!!! I know my retirement would be so different if I didn't have these health issues. I am learning to live and work with how things are... I have good days and I have bad days. Thankfully since retirement I am starting to have more middle of the road days. Not pain free but under control with Dr's care. 


When I retired... I told myself .....now..... you have the time to grow house plants that you love. I was unable to care for the ones that I had before and they died. There were to many Dr appointments and work. I became tired and forgetful. The poor plants were forgotten.  Now that I have time to care for them..... I shared on my Facebook page that I retired and did anyone have any house plants that they would share with me. I received one nice replay.
Below is the story of the little plant that I received though its long journey in the mail. 

*** I was thinking this morning about the little plant that I killed, I received it right after I returned home from Washington 6 months ago. The little plant had started out as a leaf..... that was rooted in water. Then Nancy put the little starter plant into soil so that it would get a good root ball for its journey to me. My little plant was rooted and was waiting on me to return home. As soon as I got home .. I contacted Nancy to let her know I was home. Nancy put the little root ball plant into a plastic bag with a moist paper towel.. for its journey in the mail to me. 
The plant arrived in a couple of days and it was very green and healthy. I had to put the plant back into water until I could get it into soil. That took me a few days before the plant was back in soil ... due to my foot being in a cast. LOL yes I broke my foot while in Washington. 
This funny spiky little plant came all the way from Flint Michigan. It was such an unusual looking plant. Everytime I looked at it I smiled. Now I have killed it.......
I don't know what happened..... Did I watered it enough or did I over watered it... I smile, laugh and cry, because Nancy told me its a crazy fast growing plant.... to me that means... almost indestructible. So I feel bad that I killed it after its long journey...... Nancy reassured me she would try and send another plant, if this one doesn't root from the remaining leaf. ***

Below is a photo of Nancys plant.. isn't it beautiful?


0 comments: