Friday, February 17, 2012

Hey my Friends ;O)

Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes and concerns.. I am feeling better today so I thought I would put up a little post. I have to say this neck, hand and arm business is for the birds... It's bad for me as a person that loves to sew. I can't even open and close a pair of scissors!! I tried to cut applique parts for a mug rug just a couple of days ago and had to quit.... I am like the rest of you. I hope this current little problem hurry ups and gets better. I hate not sewing!! Speaking of sewing.... 
I want my followers to start these projects now. I am still going to hold my Annual Halloween Block Swap and My Christmas Block swap. I'm Giving my usual participants advance warning. This knowledge will give you almost 10 months to come up with ideas and making your blocks.
I was thinking I am sort of getting spring fever... I want to hold a mug rug swap. I just love those little bits of fabric! Not to forget to mention the instant gratification of the quick project!!

Mug Rug Swap
I think it would be fun to make a Mug Rug using your choice of the following themes.
Gardening, Flowers or a spring Animal (exp Bird)
The theme is your choice and you will make one Mug Rug 
At least a 8 X 10 in size
One Extra....
One little gifty that corresponds with your theme.
For example if I made a garden mug rug.. I might send along a package of Seeds

Mug Rug made by FreezeFrame03

Sign ups start Feb 17 th and will end March 2nd
Projects are Due April 13th
What I need from you is:

Name
Address
Phone number
Blog
Will you Ship International

Send your information to:
auntpittypatsfun@yahoo.com

7 comments:

Jill Baxter said...

Thanks for the great gift idea, very cheery. Love the tip to include a pack of seeds!

Missy Shay said...

I don't know how to make a mug rug! LOL

K-Swizzie said...

id love to start being able to work on my halloween blocks now...would i be able to join??

Julie Warner said...

I love your spring mug rug and I realized it's time to start working on my own spring projects. Yeah! Thanks for giving me the inspiration.

Quiltingranny said...

Feel better Aunt Pitty, I know the pain you are feeling about not sewing! Take time to heal!

Beeshebags said...

Hi M, Just letting you know I mailed mine and Sharina's mug rugs off to Canada yesterday, here's hoping they don't take forever to get there.

Hugs
Naomi

Beeshebags said...

Hi M, just wondering how everyone is going with their swaps? I noticed only a couple of sents up against names so far....can't wait to see everyones mug rugs.

Hugs
Naomi